Free Standard shipping on orders over ₹499/-Easy Return
Same Day Dispatch
Ficus Elastica also known as rubber fig, rubber plant, Indian rubber bush or Indian rubber tree is native to South Asia or South-eastern part of Asia. Rubber plant has neutralized in Sri Lanka, some parts of USA and West Indies. Rubber plant is basically from the groups of banyan tree. The trunk of Rubber fig develops aerial and buttressing roots to anchor it in the soil and also to support the heavy branches. Rubber tree need a very special pollinating wasp due to this reason the tree do not produce very colourful or heavily scented flower just to avoid unwanted pollinators. Ficus Elastica grow in a wide range as an ornamental plant which is mainly a tropical tree. Rubber plant thrives well in humid climate with bright sunlight but cannot tolerate hot temperature during cultivating time. Ficus elastic is toxic to pets and keeps small children away from the plant as the mucus from the leave can cause skin rash.
- Rubber plant also called Black Prince due to its burgundy colour leaves.
- Rubber plant can from up to 1-4 feet tall given proper care.
- The leaves of Rubber plant look leathery and very glossy.
- Rubber plant can be found in Green colour leaves variety too.
- The trunk of the tree needs support so that rubber plant grows upright.
- Ficus Elastica is a low maintenance plant and suitable for Indian climate.
Maintenance of Rubber Plant:
Why this plant is special?
- Best indoor plant
- Beautiful and large leaves
- Low maintenance plant
For complete care and information
Download our plant care guide!
To ensure safe delivery of plants, Urban Plant has introduced the toughest packaging ever. Click Here to check plant endurance test video.